Below are references that can be used if you are interested in finding more information on the disease states listed and how biomarkers may be used in the management of patients.
- Ferlay, J, Bray, F, Psiani, P, Parkin, DM. Cancer Incidence, Mortality and Prevalence Worldwide IARC CancerBase No.5, version 2.0 Lyon, France: IARCH Press; 2004.
- American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2007. Atlanta:American Cancer Society;2007.
- Markman M. The Role of CA-125 in the Management of Ovarian Cancer. Oncologist. 1997;2;6-9.
- Guppy AE, Rustin GJS. CA125 Response: Can it Replace the Traditional Response Criteria in Ovarian Cancer? Oncologist. 2002;7;437-443.
- Knapp R, Jacobs I, Schwartz P. Clinical Perspectives in using CA125. Contemporary OB/GYN. 2-1996.
- Tummala MK, McGuire WP. Ovarian Cancer, CA-125 Addiction, and Informed Confusion: Much Ado About Less. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2007: 25:24;3570-3571.
- Karlan BY, McIntosh M. The Quest for Ovarian Cancer’s Holy Grail: Can CA-125 Still be the Chalice of Early Detection? Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2007: 25:11;1303-1304.
- 1. NCCN Practice Guidelines in Oncology – v.1.2007. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. MS-3 – MS-4.
- American Cancer Society. Pancreatic Cancer. www.cancer.org
- Freelove R, Walling AD. Pancreatic Cancer: Diagnosis and Management. American Family Physician. 2006;73:485-92.
- Erickson RA. Pancreatic Cancer. www.emedicine.com/med/topic1712.htm.
- UK Pancreatic Cancer Incidence Statistics. info.cancerresearchuk.org.
- Agency for Healthcare, Research and Quality. Chapter 15: Screening for Pancreatic Cancer. www.ahrq.gov
- Breast Cancer: Statistics on Incidence, Survival and Screening. www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/statistics.asp.
- CA15-3. SydPath. www.sydpath.stvincents.com.au/tests/CA153.htm.
- Perkins GL, Slater ED, et al. Serum Tumor Markers. American Family Physician. 2003; 68:1075-85.
- Breast Cancer Statistics. The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. www.komen.org
- Althuis MD, Dozier JM, et al. Global trends in breast cancer incidence and mortality 1973-1997. International Journal of Epidemiology. 2005;34: 405-412.
- Gion M, Mione R, et al. Comparison of the Diagnostic Accuracy of CA27.29 and CA15.3 in Primary Breast Cancer. Clinical Chemistry. 1999;45:630-637.
- Duffy MJ. Serum Tumor Markers in Breast Cancer: Are they of Clinical Value? Clinical Chemistry. 2006;52:345-351.
- Bast, RC, et al. 2000 Update of Recommendations for the Use of Tumor Markers in Breast and Colorectal Cancer: Clinical Practice Guidelines of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2001;19: 1865-1878.